Saturday, October 15, 2011

solar dryer ready to build

I have this model for a solar coffee dryer built and ready to move to the ICC East Peoria Campus.  I will need to add the visqueen to the frame and then we can hook the solar soda can heat exchanger to the frame and see what kind of temperatures we will get out of this.   I have this built and marked and I will tear it down and load it in the truck.  If this model will work in Guatemala it can be moved and put together.  I am looking at what can be built and moved and how difficult it is to do that.  Everything I make I always think about how I can get it from my garage to where it needs to go.  I can not move this dryer unless it is easy to tear down and then easy to put back together. 
Right now I have two solar coffee bean dryers in my van.  I hope to have at least one of them on the campus and start collecting the temperature data.  We also need to see how the dryers will stand up to the wind and the elements.  I will also run a small photovoltaic fan to help move some air.  The next few weeks will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment